Journal Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu peternakan

-
102 articles
Page of 11
Articles per Page
by
Daniel Soares, Irfan H. Djunaidi, Muhammad Halim Natsir
Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu peternakan, Volume 28, pp 90-95; doi:10.21776/ub.jiip.2018.028.01.10

Abstract:The experiment was to determine the composition of putak waste nutrein to increase through fermentation by Aspergillus niger, Saccharomyces cereviseae and its combinations. The experiment method used laboratory experimental method by applying Nested Plot Random Design. The first factor is inoculum (P): Aspergillus niger, Saccharomyces cereviseae and their combination on the level of 1,5% and the incubation time length (W): 0, 24, 48, 72 hours as the second factor. Variables measured of putak waste fiber component analysis. The results showed that the type of inoculum effect on fiber component (Neutral Detergent Fiber / NDF, Hemicellulose and Lignin) is very significantly influence (P0,05) to ADF, Hemicellulose, Cellulose and Lignin.
Muhammad Irfan Sulfani, Sugiharto Sugiharto, Turini Yudiarti
Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu peternakan, Volume 28, pp 65-72; doi:10.21776/ub.jiip.2018.028.01.07

Abstract:This research was conducted to determine the amount of lactic acid bacteria and coliform inside the caecum and ileum of broilers. 240 days old chicks broiler (DOC) with 42.015 ± 0.219 g average body weight were used in this research as an experimental objects. The chicks broiler were treated with 0.04% antibiotics and 1% Spirulina plantensis as a prebiotic under different interval ingestion. This experiment was constructed under completely random design (CRD) with 4 treatments and 5 repetition. The treatment that was applied were T0 (Poultry feed + 0.04% Zinc bacitracin), T1 (Poultry feed + 1% throughout 7 days), T2 (Poultry feed + 1% throughout 21 days), and T4 (Poultry feed + 1% throughout 35 days). The parameter measurements conducted in the 32nd day with random sampling from each experiments. Total amount of lactic acid and coliform from each samples were observed and the variance was with 5% accuration. The result showed the total amout of Coliform in ileum was significantly different (P<0.05) in the other hand the total amount of Coliform and acid bacteria in caecum were not influenced (P<0.05). It can be inferred that the Spirulina platensis treatment for 3 weeks reduced the total amount of bacteria inside caecum and ileum.
Alfarisa Nururrozi, Soedarmanto Indarjulianto, Hary Purnamaningsih, Slamet Rahardjo, Yanuartono - Yanuartono
Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu peternakan, Volume 28, pp 10-34; doi:10.21776/ub.jiip.2018.028.01.02

Abstract:The problems of ruminant feeding have received considerable attention in the tropics. In the tropics, most ruminants are fed on low-quality roughages, agricultural crop-residues and industrial byproducts. Urea is widely available and has been used as a source of ammoniation to improve the feeding value of various grasses and crop residues. Furthermore, urea treatment as a supplement is relatively easy to apply, handling, inexpensive and valuable substitute for natural proteins in the ration. Although the use of urea has potential economic advantages for N sources, there are limitations and disadvantages to its use. Excess level of urea feeding may develop a problem of urea toxicity, due to poor mixing of feed or to errors in calculating the amount of urea to add to the ration. This paper aims to summarize some of the results of research on the benefits and possible negative effects of urea use as supplement to ruminants feed.
Annisa Ramandhani, Dian Wahyu Harjanti, Anis Muktiani
Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu peternakan, Volume 28, pp 73-83; doi:10.21776/ub.jiip.2018.028.01.08

Abstract:This research was conducted to determine the effect of using papaya leaves extract, turmeric extract and the combination on ruminal pH, the concentrations of amonia (NH3), Volatile Fatty Acids (VFA), Acetate, Propionate, Butyrate, Methane (CH4), CO2 and Total Protein. The material was used rumen fluid of dairy cows, papaya leaves extract and turmeric extract. The study was arranged in a completely randomized design with 4 treatments and 4 replications. The treatment was control diet (T1); control diet supplemented with 0.005 ml papaya leaves extract (T2); control diet supplemented with 0.005 ml turmeric extract (T3) and control diet supplemented with 0.0025 ml papaya leaves extract and 0.0025 ml turmeric extract (T4). The rumen fluid was analyzed after 3 hours fermentation. Data were analyzed using ANOVA and continued by Duncan test. The result showed that single supplementation of either papaya leaves or turmeric extract alone and supplementation of both herbal did not affect ruminal pH, NH3, CO2 and total protein production. Moreover, there were an increase in concentrations of total VFA, acetate, propionate, butyrate and methane. The combination of papaya leaves and turmeric extract supplementation resulting in the highest concentrations of VFA (445 mMol/l), acetate (13.5 mMol/l), propionate (4.24 mMol/l), butyrate (1.87 mMol/l) and CH4 (17.17%) in the rumen. In conclusion, supplementation of papaya leaves and turmeric alone, and the combination of both herbal could enhance rumen fermentability of dairy cow.
Danung Nur Adli, Osfar Sjofjan, Mashudi Mashudi
Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu peternakan, Volume 28, pp 84-89; doi:10.21776/ub.jiip.2018.028.01.09

Abstract:The research purpose was to determine the nutrient content of dried poultry waste molasses block (DPW-UMB). The use of dried poultry waste in the manufacture of the urea-molasses block was as a substitute of urea and could improve the value added in dry season. The treatments used for research were T1 (15% manure layer chicken and 25% molasses), T2 (10% manure layer chicken and 30% molasses), and T3 (20% manure layer chicken and 30% molasses). Chemical analysis: the dried of poultry waste were analyzed for dry matter, crude protein, crude fiber, ash, fat, and gross energy. The statistical formulation diet composed of Microsoft Excel Ver. 2016. The results showed that the 20% manure layer chicken and 30% molasses (T3) were better than T2 and T1 on nutrient content with 92.04% Dry Matter (DM), 13.34% Crude Protein (CP), 13.39% Crude Fiber (CF), 37.16% ash, 3.44% fat, but low in Gross Energy (GE) (2631.63 kcal/kg). It could be concluded that dpw-umb T3 were dried of poultry waste contained sufficient levels of gross energy, crude protein, crude fiber, ash, and fat it could be used as feedstuff for ruminants for supplementation with the required nutrients.
Laudita Setia Busta, Muhammad Halim Natsir, Eko Widodo
Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu peternakan, Volume 28, pp 59-64; doi:10.21776/ub.jiip.2018.028.01.06

Abstract:Based poultry Indonesia feed formulation is corn soya, it is mean corn and soy bean meal has large proportion on the Indonesia poultry feed. The aims of the research to know the effects of β-mannanase enzyme as feed additive on soy bean meal based feed on the metabolizable energy, protein digestibility, and concentration immunoglobulin Y of broiler. This experiment used 20 broilers aged 35th days. Basal diet was comprised of corn, rice bran, fish meal, meat bone meal, stone lime, premix, coconout oil, methionine without β-mannanase enzyme (M0). Basal diet with β-mannanase enzyme 0.016% (M1), 0.033% (M2), 0.046% (M3). The variables measured were metabolizable energy, protein digestibility, and concentration immunoglobulin Y. The experimental designed in this experiment was completely randomized design with 4 treatments and 5 replications. The results show that the highest energy metabolizable is M3 3358.56±18.08c, highest protein digestibility is M3 81.01±0.70c, and highest concentration immunoglobulin Y is M3 5.09±3.21a. It can be concluded that β-mannanase enzyme in-crease of metabolizable energy, protein digestibility, and decrease concentration immunoglobulin Y of broiler.
Alexander Kaka
Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu peternakan, Volume 28, pp 1-9; doi:10.21776/ub.jiip.2018.028.01.01

Abstract:The purpose of this research is to know the performance of sows reproduction intensively in Kambajawa sub-district, East Sumba regency. The study was conducted from January until March 2017 and this research is a survey method with a direct interview to 200 respondents as a population and 196 sows. The data were analyzed by descriptive statistic approach depicted on frequency table for each indicator or dimension. The measured variables were estrus time; estrus cycle; litter size; wean quantity; and mortality rate. Based on this study, it is known that the reproductive performance of the sows maintained intensively was categorized well. Thus, it can be concluded that the reproductive performance of sows in Kambajawa district that is, estrus duration 4.21±1.10 days, estrus cycle 21.15±1.64 days, litter size 8.50±1.39 and 39.71% of mortality.
Kartika Budi Utami, Novita Dewi Kristanti
Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu peternakan, Volume 28, pp 51-58; doi:10.21776/ub.jiip.2018.028.01.05

Abstract:The aim of this research is to evaluate dry matter digestibility value and organic matter biscuits biosuplemen leaf katuk in vitro. The research materials were biosupplement biscuits, consist of katuk leaf, molasses and concentrate of lactation. The design used was complete randomized design (RAL) with 5 treatments and 3 replications. P1: 10% leaf katuk, 90% concentrate; P2: 20% katuk leaves, 80% concentrate; P3: 30% katuk leaves, 70% concentrate; P4: 40% katuk leaves, 60% concentrate; P5: 50% leaf katuk, 50% concentrate. The variables observed were dry matter digestibility and organic matter. Data were analyzed by using ANOVA. The results showed that the digestibility of dry matter and organic matter in vitro biscuits biosuplemen katuk respectively are 62.39% -72.80% and 58.80% -70.00%. The dry matter digestibility value and the organic matter in vitro for each formulation treatment were not significantly different (P> 0.05). The conclusion of this research is that biosupplement biscuits of katuk leaves has not been able to improve the digestibility of dry matter and organic matter in vitro.
Lili Zalizar, Sujono Sujono, Dian Indratmi, Yovi A Soedarsono
Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu peternakan, Volume 28, pp 35-41; doi:10.21776/ub.jiip.2018.028.01.03

Abstract:The purpose of this research was to find out how much cases of subclinical mastitis in Pujon district, Malang regency. This research was conducted in Pujon District of Malang Regency by using survey method. The inclusion criteria of farmers is minimum 2 (two) years of dairy cows. As many as 110 tail of lactation dairy cows from Maron Sebaluh hamlet in Pandesari village and 103 tail of Bakir hamlet in Sukomulyo village were examined against mastitis by using California Mastitis Test (CMT). In addition, direct observation of post-milking treatment and ownership of biogas digesters and as well as interviews using questionnaires was conducted to support data. Data were analyzed descriptively and by using simple statistics. The results showed that in Maron Sebaluh the percentage of cows with subclinical mastitis reached 58.18%, 10.00 % of clinical mastitis and 31.82% negative. Whereas in Bakir, subclinical mastitis reached 59.22%, clinical mastitis 0.97% and 39.81% negative. The number of cows that suffered from mastitis (subclinical and clinical) and got the treatment of dipping post-milking with antiseptic is only 28 cows, fewer than that treated with rinse water, 107 cows. Ownership of biogas digester will not automatically reduce the case of mastitis since the behaviour of farmers in keeping barn hygiene is not maintained. Every position of cow’s teat have risk to be infected by microorganisms that caused mastitis.
Aulia Firmawati, Widjiati Widjiati
Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu peternakan, Volume 28, pp 42-50; doi:10.21776/ub.jiip.2018.028.01.04

Abstract:Endometriosis is the presence of ectopic endometrial tissue, such as that outside the uter-ine cavity, which can cause chronic inflammatory reactions. Curcumin is one of traditional herbal med-icines that is widely used. Some experiments have managed to find a mechanism to treat an ectopic endometriosis through the mechanism of suppression of several cytokines such as TNF-alpha, NF-kB and COX-2, this study was an experimental laboratory study, with five treatments and six replications, using female mice (Mus musculus) that had reached puberty. The study consisted of three phases: the first phase was the microscopic examination of in vitro oocytes quality, and the second was histopatho-logical examination of folliculogenesis profile using Hematoxillin eosin staining, the results of this study showed significant difference between positive control group (P0) with treatment and negative control (KN) groups in folliculogenesis profile (p <0.05). Examination of in vitro oocytes quality showed sig-nificant difference between positive control group with treatment group and negative control group (p <0.05). Curcumin has several roles in cytokines modulation in ectopic endometriosis mouse models. Curcumin may reduce the occurrence of apoptosis of granulosa cells so that it may directly improve oocyte quality and folliculogenesis profile, in conclusion, curcumin effectively overcomes fertility prob-lems through the mechanism of cytokines modulation that plays a role in some cases of endometriosis such as: TNF-alpha, NF-kB and COX-2. Curcumin may improve folliculogenesis profile and in vitro oocytes quality.
Page of 11
Articles per Page
by

Refine Search

Authors

New Search

Advanced search