New Search

Export article

New Regression Model for Estimating Irrigation Water Quality Index

Riyadh Jasim Mohammed Al-Saadi, , Aysar Tuama Al-Awadi
International Journal of Design & Nature and Ecodynamics , Volume 16, pp 127-134; doi:10.18280/ijdne.160202

Abstract: The common tool to evaluate the groundwater quality is so-called the Irrigation Water Quality Index (IWQI). In the present study, the IWQI model developed by Meireles is used to assess the quality of groundwater in Karbala - Najaf plateau, Iraq. The quality parameters that collected from groundwater tests of 78 wells in the study area are; EC, Na+1, Mg+2, Ca+2, Cl-1, and HCO3-1. The SPSS software program is employed to develop a non-linear regression model of the IWQI for the study area. The results show that the IWQI values for 90% of groundwater wells fall within the Severe Restriction (SR) category, which means that it’s only suitable for irrigation of high salt tolerance crops. While its remaining 10% of the wells are in the High Restriction (HR) category, and this means it is suitable for irrigation of moderate to high salt tolerance crops. The calibration and validation for the developed model presented that this model has a good estimation of the IWQI values. Due to flexible and unbiased, the current study recommends to use the proposed model to estimate the IWQI.
Keywords: quality / salt tolerance / crops / Irrigation Water / model developed / IWQI

Scifeed alert for new publications

Never miss any articles matching your research from any publisher
  • Get alerts for new papers matching your research
  • Find out the new papers from selected authors
  • Updated daily for 49'000+ journals and 6000+ publishers
  • Define your Scifeed now

Share this article

Click here to see the statistics on "International Journal of Design & Nature and Ecodynamics" .
Back to Top Top